I did it. I hit the "New Post" button and away we go!
Summer has been busy for me, so as I peruse 89 emails/blog posts in hopes of catching up today, I came across one from the wonderful Alison from Writing, Wishing and her post for an Old School Blogging link-up with Elaine from The Miss Elaine-ous Life.
She extended an invitation for bloggers to play along with her in creating a list of fives. It looked pretty easy and I have been thoroughly enjoying reading all the other fine bloggers and their lists as well; so why not!
AND I just-so-happen to love lists, and the number five, so I am all set to bust open my post-less summer with a little listy-poo for your enjoyment! I would love to see what would be on your list too! Leave me a comment or post a link to your own Lists of Five!
Five Things I Have a Passion For
(1) My Family - Its big, its beautiful. Every layer is important to me, kind of like a Dairy Queen ice cream cake.
(2) Myself - Until recently, I haven't cared much about myself, but I have turned a corner and I am in the beginnings of a really passionate relationship with ME!
(3) Cooking - I probably should have went to culinary school. It's not too late, but I might be too stubborn and proud to hear someone tell me I can't cook, so I probably won't do it. But I love it!
(4) Graphic Design - I am a closet/wanna-be designer. I love to create and fiddle and distort. It keeps me focused and sane.
(5) Words - I love to read and write. There is no better place in the world than inside the cover of a good book.
Five Things I Would Like to do Before I Die
(1) See the Pacific Ocean - Living on the Atlantic my whole life, I want to see the opposite. To me, the Pacific is the Ying to the Yang of my Atlantic. It must be seen; toes must be dipped.
(2) Experience a Flash Mob - These fascinate me. The work that goes into it, the beauty of it, everything.
(3) See my daughters fulfill their dreams and find happiness - which hopefully involves love and children. I want to be Nanny Kate before I die.
(4) Meet Oprah Winfrey - I know, it's not realistic (AT ALL) but this woman has helped me so much. I want to kiss her and hug her and thank her (in person).
(5) Live on the ocean - In a beautiful beach house with big windows and airy-sandy space. There needs to be sand in the cracks of the living room floor, and air freshened by salt spray. My dream.
Five Things I Say A Lot
(1) Please listen
(2) For reals?
(3) I love you, a lot
(4) Are you kidding me?
(5) Lit-chur-ally (Literally)
Five Books And/Or Magazines I Have Read Lately
Five Favorite Movies (Maybe You've Seen Them Five Times?)
(1) Dirty Dancing
(2) Funny People
(3) The Break-Up
(4) It's a Wonderful Life (Black and white version)
(5) Steel Magnolias (1989 version)
Five Places I Would Love to Travel
(5) British Columbia
Five Bloggers I Invite to do This Meme
(1) Amy from Colorful Confessions
(2) Daphne from Multiplicity
(3) Kimberly from Reflections of Now
(4) Lois from Life of Lois
(5) Andrea Millard from Cloud Nine Chic
If you wanna join in the fun just grab the button and link-up at Writing, Wishing or The Miss Elaine-ous Life.