Wednesday, March 6, 2013

30 Day Mission, DAY 7 - Cardio Box

I'm going to attend a Cardio Box class.

I have decided to use this as my Comfort Zone Bust for today instead of the actual day of the class, because it was a very big step for me to even commit to doing it. I know if I put it in black and white for you all to see today then it will make it harder for me to wuss out and not go. The class is on Thursday night. Feel free to hold me accountable if you would like. You can leave me a public message of motivation and encouragement that I will be forced to acknowledge on my Facebook "like" page or on Twitter if you like. It will be a great help for me.

I am sure the idea of a fitness class seems like so much fun, to a normal person. Lots of people getting together to work out, share ideas, be chummy...etc. To me, on the other hand, it seems like the worst thing ever. People getting together to see how out of shape everyone else is, watching them like a hawk to see if they do the moves wrong. I have gone to ONE fitness class in my life. It was my second year of University and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. There was no chumminess happening in there.

The class was too advanced for me. Little did I know that "Total Fit for Beginners" was too much for a person that was athletic her whole life. It must have had something to do with the Frosh 20 I gained the year before. Oh, and I was the most out of shape person in the room to boot. A room full of Super Model/Barbie looking women, I might add.

The bitch instructor doing the class used ME as an example of how NOT to do a certain exercise three times before I finally walked out the door, never to return. She didn't bother to explain to me how to do it PROPERLY. She just wanted to point out that I wasn't doing it right. I was pretty embarrassed and traumatized. It actually made me avoid all exercise for a long time.

So now you can see why finally signing up for a class again after ten years is a pretty big deal for me. I have to take this leap of faith that the instructor won't pick on me this time. Can you imagine if I walked into the class and was face-to-face with that same lady? Different city, ten years later. Can I get a permission slip to run away screaming if it happens again? Please? What are the odds of that happening? They better be really low.

Cardio Box sounds like so much fun to me and I am pretty excited. But maybe it will be too aggressive? Maybe I should have signed up for the Gentle Fit class instead. Not even kidding, it's a real class at my gym. How mean can they be in "Gentle" Fit?


Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!